Obituary (Classic)

 If you woke up tomorrow, and saw my obituary in the paper, how would you think of me then?


Would you remember all the good times with me then? Would all the hate disappear only to be replaced by the love we once shared? Would you cry for me? Would you regret anything wrong you've ever said or done to me?.........


Would I finally recieve your forgiveness for my past sins?.....


Would you forget the history and all the hurt I may have caused you?.....


Would this be the time you remembered what it was like to be in my arms, and wish that you could have that just one last time?.....


The last time we spoke, or maybe spent some time together, if you knew then that might have been the last time we communicated, would you have liked it to be different? Why is it now that I'm dead and gone, that you're actually missing me when I'm away from you?

When I was alive, you took for granted that no matter what happened between us, that I would always be there, in someway, and when you pushed me away I continued to fight to be there for you. Now that I'm dead, are you trying to pull me back again? Are you wishing that I could still continue to fight my way back to you? Can you see the world the same way knowing that I am no longer apart of it? In my death, I only wish to ask you one thing, a last request.....


Why did it take my death to make you realize your true feelings, and wish I was still there? Why didn't you cherish the memories of me when we were making them, instead of reflecting on them now that I am gone? Why are you letting go of history now, when there is no longer any possibilty of a future with me in it? Why did all the hate disappear only now, when in my death you can see that it was always really the love we shared that had you so angry that you were too blind to see?..... 


Why did you wait for me to die to want to tell me you loved me? Why did I have to die for you to want to have me in your arms at least one last time? Why didn't you want to remember me and the good times when I was alive? Why did I have to die to be worthy enough of your forgiveness?


Why did you let me die without the peace of knowing that I was loved when I was there, but only when I was gone?.....