Finale (VII)

            The Shay Saga - Part VII


Maybe it's because I can see the end that she says isn't coming that keep invading my thoughts before bed each night is the reason why I continue to have these nightmares. Maybe it's because I'm fighting a war that I already know is lost is the reason why I continue to feel the pain I do. She says that she never wants me to leave yet I'm always watching her go or she keeps pushing me away. Why am I always standing alone when it's time to pick up all the pieces. Why am I always standing alone when she says "I'll always be there for you..." 


One day she'll see that I was always there when she needed me. Until the day she comes back to me and realizes that I am no longer standing there waiting for her...


I honestly don't know what hurts more. Knowing that this is goodbye or not even given the opportunity to say goodbye one last time.....


She took for granted the fact that I would always be there so leaving without saying the words was too easy for Her. I wonder how different She would have acted if she truly understood that was the last time She would ever see me again.....