Photography of The National Geographic Magazine

 

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC IS ICONIC...

I don't know about you, but National Geographic has always been a huge part of my life since grade school;  my grandparents bought subscriptions of the magazine for me when I was a child and I have been obsessed with the magazine ever since.

National Geographic was one of the two reasons why I loved photography (first was because ๐‘œ๐‘“ my aunt Sonia...she's a great artist), why I wanted to learn about nature, animals, the environment, and to continue to learn about cultures all over the world.

National Geographic has been around for over 123 years.  National Geographic was founded in 1888 initially as a scholarly journal a few months after the National Geographic Society was founded in Washington, D.C..  The National Geographic Society is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational organizations in the world.  The NGS was started to spread and increase the geographic knowledge to the world.  

For a magazine that has been around for over 123 years, there is so much to cover, and I definitely will...over time, but for now, I want to focus on the amazing photography that National Geographic has given us over the years, and I won't be covering the famous photos, they're famous...we know about them, and we can move on from those photos.


Ever since I was kid, I always wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic, and at one point, I was heavily active in the, "Your Shot," on their website along with other amazing amateur photographers.  Your Shot sadly closed on October of 2019, however, they still have their Instagram account that is still heavily active with over 6 millions followers.  

Strongly recommend you guys check it out!

I am always coming across such striking photography from National Geographic, that I wanted to share some recent beautiful, pieces of art with you all!!!

Enjoy!!








































AREN'T THESE PHOTOS  ABSOLUTELY STUNNING?!

To follow these photographers, below are their socials!!!  Do you have any favorite photographers that shoot for the National Geographic?  What kind of photos would you like to see in The Art Collective blog next?


PHOTOGRAPHERS IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE:

Be sure to follow these amazing talented photographers!

-Vanessa Moylan-Theodore
FOUNDER of The Art of Collective